November 1, 2008

Thankfulness

I have been going to restart a gratitude journal for months now and thanks to Rebecca and Ann, I have a renewed incentive. Rebecca has declared November a month of thanksgiving at her blog and is inviting everyone to join in. And Ann is also inviting us to join the Gratitude Community

At Study in Brown, Tonia reminded me that “thankfulness is a double gift; first, the obvious joy of every day’s blessings and second, the way such awareness has the potential to transform moments into a treasure hunt of beauty and gladness.”

On this first day of November I have so many things that I am grateful for. I'll begin my list with:
~ our home
~ family & friends
~ beautiful fall colors & weather
~ an unexpected visit & walk with a friend and her family
~ a wonderful online community
~ a fellow (and until today unknown to me) blogger from our former home town posting beautiful pictures that our family was so blessed by.