December 15, 2008

Thankfulness

Last month my blog focus was on thankfulness. This month I’ve been posting Advent hymns which have turned out to be another thing to be thankful for in that most of them are new to me and they are such treasures.

Today though I wanted to return to the things I'm thankful for. We have been under several winter weather advisories and we have been blessed to have not had any major problems. We have electricity, water, food, and wood. We are warm and dry. The television, radio, and internet are working. The roads and driveway are too icy to navigate, but we have not had to go out. We’ve been listening to Christmas music, reading Christmas stories, watching Christmas movies and snuggling. And Peter ventured out to get the icy snow off of the back deck which afforded him some much appreciated outdoor fun time. As I said so much to be thankful for. ;-)