February 4, 2008

Behold, Children are a Gift of the LORD

He’s eleven today. Eleven years. It seems like it was just yesterday that I held him in the crook of my arm, breathing in that sweet baby fragrance, losing myself in those beautiful eyes, and returning that infectious smile with laughter. As he’s opening and thanking us for his gifts, I sit and watch my “little guy.” Putting together his new remote controlled sailboat, checking the line on the new rod and reel. The time has flown, going way too fast. He catches me watching him and comes over to me, to be cradled in the crook of my arm, and as I breath in his fragrance and lose myself in those beautiful eyes, with tear-filled ones of my own, I return his infectious smile with a prayer of thanks to God for this beautiful and most precious gift.