February 5, 2008

I Am Not a Template

I thought that it would be so easy. That was the advertising, Sign up, pick a template, start blogging. No problem, right? Wrong. I quickly discovered that none of the templates fit me. Some were closer than others, but none just right.

Meanwhile, while I was learning html code so that I could modify a template and make it into something I thought I could work with, my “closer than a sister in every way” friend signed up, picked a template, and started blogging.

I thought about the many “lessons” in this.

Lesson number one: We are not templates.
We are each uniquely created for a unique purpose. We have unique gifts. The Lord may give us the gift of a friend who is so like us it is uncanny, but we need to always remember, we are unique.

So since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently formed and marvelously functioning parts in Christ's body, let's just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren't. ~Romans 12:4-6