March 23, 2008

Count it all Joy

Joy. “The joy of the Lord is your strength,” says Nehemiah.

I’ve been thinking a lot about joy. And about the word eucharist and its meaning ~
word origin for Eucharist~[Middle English eukarist, from Old French eucariste, from Late Latin eucharistia, from Greek eukharistiā, from eukharistos, grateful, thankful : eu-, eu- + kharizesthai, to show favor (from kharis, grace; see gher-2 in Indo-European roots).]


I’m still fleshing these ideas out and I don’t know where it all is going to take me.


I see a connection. I keep thinking that the more I understand His grace, the more grateful, the more thankful I become. Then the more joyful, full of joy, I will become. Since the joy of the Lord is my strength, this is important.

Spurgeon said, “The man full of joy within is quiet.” Quiet . . . within.

I’m not quiet within. Why? I don’t think there is a quick and easy answer, but while pondering that thought, I came across some posts that really struck a chord.
It's All Too Much in the Homeschool
Sing a New Song
Every Face I Look at Seems Beautiful