March 26, 2008

Why?

Ok, so why do we do it? Why do waste our very precious time being upset about what we aren't doing? Who makes the rules, anyway? Who says that we should be doing certain things at certain times in a certain way? And why do we listen?

We are all unique. I am unique. My family is unique. The Lord disciples each of us uniquely. He leads me where I need to go to do what I need to do. He teaches me what I need to know. He provides what I need each day. I have the family that I have, each person with unique personalities and abilities, and the home that I have, located in the place that it is because it is what I need, to walk out the call on my life that is unique and special. So why and how do I slip into self condemnation?

And why do I get so upset with myself when the plans I've made, the rules I've imposed on myself get set aside?

Each day is new, different, unique. Routines and plans are fine, but being open to what the Lord wants me (and my family) to do with each day is so much more important and so very much more fulfilling.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good, not for disaster, to give you a future full of hope.” ~Jeremiah 29:11-15